November 2, 2010

Slice of Life

As some of you may or may not know, I was features(although I prefer to think that my idea was the feature!) in the Slice of Life segment of the Frederick News Post. It was was fun meeting with the reporter and telling her about the development of the idea to collect shoes for children, and the steps that I had taken up to that point. It was scary and uncomfortable to see the article in the newspaper- as anybody who knows me knows that I don't like a lot of attention! The attention was good though, and I am hopeful that it will help me gather more shoes! If you want to read the story, copy and paste the following: http://www.fredericknewspost.com/sections/news/display.htm?storyid=111804
Let me know if there are any problems with the link!

P.S. Sunday I picked up about 8 pair of shoes, with an approximate total of 38! I picked up a bag today- haven't gone through it yet because it was HUGE! Maybe double my current amount? I hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment