November 14, 2010

No, you may NOT help yourselves to those shoes!

I have two children who happen to LOVE shoes. Throughout my shoe initiative, I have had the pleasure of watching them happily inspect all of the shoes that are sitting patiently in my kitchen nook. I cant tell you how many times I have had to scold my son for dumping the shoes into a big pile on the floor, or how many times I have had to kick him out of the box that he had adopted for his cave, or hero lair!

My daughter isn't much better. At 4 years old, she already has at least double the amount of shoes that I own....(well, until we went through and added the ones that she doesn't wear to the collection!)
She frequently looks through the shoes to find the ones that she would love to claim for her own, and tries to wear them for as long as she can get away with before I notice and make her put them back. And if she isn't wearing them, she is lining them up and organizing them into the order of which she likes the best!
Last time, a pair of pink princess cowboy boots were in the number one spot.

The only thing that is cuter than two kids playing happily with shoes is seeing them beginning to recognize that these shoes will make a difference to somebody else.

1 comment:

  1. What a great lesson for them to learn even at their young age. My 4 yr old went thru his toys last month and picked a ton of things he wanted me to give the kids in haiti at the orphanage. It really made my heart feel good that he understood that some kids are no lucky as we are.

    ReplyDelete