November 10, 2010

Moving Forward With the Logistics

I must admit that I have not spent nearly as much time working on this project lately. Maybe this has something to do with my 10 page research paper that I (JUST) finished and turned in. It could possibly be that I have finally caught the cold that my family has been playing tag with, or that I have been caring for my house full of sickies, but the project has lately seemed daunting.
A good bit of news though that has been a great motivator, is that I received a call tonight from an acquaintance who read my newspaper article! She is recently retired from the air force and  was able to speak to a friend who has been involved with visiting and helping the children in orphanages in the villages near Kabul, Afghanistan.
It sounded like she had spoken with the POC (that's military for point of contact!), a Chaplain who visits the orphanages regularly, and they were excited about the prospect of being able to distribute the desperately needed shoes to the children!
Maryann and Amy, thanks for blogging about my project!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! So glad this is working so well for you! Good luck with keeping it going.

    ReplyDelete