September 12, 2011

Taking Off

     Its been WAY to long since I have written anything about the project. The thing is that I dont have any sort of good excuse. I had some really great news last year, and I was kindof trying to get the ball rolling before I mentioned it. Instead I did the opposite and fell off the wagon for awhile. No excuse really, I just got busy with life. Ive been occupied with things like getting my daughter to on and off of the school bus on time, making sure to squeeze everything into my day that needs to be finished, the mundane tasks of laundry and toilet scrubbing. Isnt it amazing how those small things can quickly fill up the day? And what is more amazing is the way that the bigger things can be put off and put off for another day when there is more time.
     Anyway, I was contacted by a woman named Mary Kate McKenna Battles last fall. This wonderful friend wanted to bring me some socks that she and her husband had bought for the collection for the kids. MK and I got together and she asked if she could help me out a little. She is involved with the AFF-GF, American Advertizing Federation of Greater Frederick. This group of Advertizing and Marketing professiolas work on charities and wanted to help out with the Toasty Tootsies project!
     Now, about a year later after a lot of shoe collecting, many meetings with MK, and logistical planning, we have made a lot of progress! We have a point of contact in Afghanistan whom we can send the shoes to, the shoes, and now we are working on planning the shipping and ways to collect more shoes. We are getting a web site up and running soon too! It is so exciting to see the progress that has been made, despite the hiatus that Ive taken!
     Hopefully we will have much much more in the next few months, and in the meantime, I will try to keep this blog updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment